KTS Computers Ltd currently has a vacancy for :-
-----------1st / 2nd Line IT Support Technician-----------
required immediately to join our growing team based in St Ives, Cambs.
Salary range £18k to £22k
The successful applicant will have a genuine enthusiasm for all things IT related. He / she will be able to embrace the challenge of supporting a number of small and medium sized businesses with varied IT requirements, typically within 25 miles of St Ives, Cambs. Good communication skills, both verbal and written are essential as well as being able to work alone and as part of a team.
The role's main responsibilities will include:-:
- Visiting customers to provide support, as well as install and maintain IT equipment.
- Providing technical support via telephone and use of remote control software.
- Investigating hardware, software and malware issues.
- Updating the service records and support ticketing systems.
- Maintaining accurate documentation records.
- Installing, configuring and management of Windows and Apple based networks.
- Support of all current versions MS Office.
- Management of Outlook and mobile email services on mobile devices and tablets.
The ideal IT Support Technician will possess the following skills and experience:-
- Microsoft based server & desktop operating systems and software to A+ standard or better.
- Apple Mac experience.
- Clean UK driving licence and appropriate car.
- Networking and firewalls, Group Policy, Exchange Server, Active Directory.
- Service desk software, RMM.
- Minimum 4+ years in industry.
- Planning, admin, verbal and written communication skills.
- Wide knowledge of computing principles independent of vendor specific technology.
- Practical knowledge of a range of hardware including servers, workstations, printers and mobile devices.
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria above and have the relevant experience, apply today!
We will consider each application for this position on its merits. We accept that some of the most gifted technical individuals do not enter this industry via formal academic paths. If you believe you have the skills and /or experience but lack the qualifications, tell us why you would thrive in this IT Support Technician role.
Along with your CV please tell us what you would expect from an employer and what we can expect from you. To be considered for the role, you must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Send application to email@example.com
Do keep checking for updates to this status.
Personal applications only please, no agencies, no phone calls. Thank you.